Saturday, November 21, 2015

Chronicles of Ivera - Second Session


We awoke, our barbarian companion had seemingly wandered off into the night. We shrugged it off, and continued on our way up the mountain. A dragonborn monk hurriedly made his way towards us, with the third dwarf brother in tow. After discussing matters we discovered that a group of cultists, including one of the two evil men we saw earlier, were up further summoning some dark force. Erik took his wounded brother and left for town. Our group was hesitant to go into battle having lost one of our warriors, but the other dwarf brother convinced us.

We soon ran into the cultists, surrounding a floating dark stone. We watched curiously until they broke off their ritual, having noticed our presence. The fight went surprisingly well, once again I found myself transformed into a bear, and together with my traveling compatriots tore apart the cultists. Afterwards we checked out the dark stone, after deciding it wouldn't hurt us I wrapped it up in the weird picture I found earlier and brought it along.

Successful in our mission, we went back to town. There we learned of the demon lord Orcus, and how this stone was being used to summon him back into this world. None of us were a fan of this information. After resting the dwarf brothers thanked us once more and informed me of another druid they knew of living in the nearby forest. We parted ways, the monk and cleric joining me to the forest.

As we made our way into the depths of the forest something felt very off. Right about that time the woods seemingly came to life and attacked us. We managed to fight them all off, but the feeling didn't leave me. Soon after we found the fellow druid. He told us the stone needed to be purged of it's evil, and that he knew how. Good news, finally. As we followed him home he explained that he would be vulnerable and needed to be protected as the released evil would seek physical form and aim to kill us all. We agreed and he began the ritual.

Trees, branches, bushes, vines, all sorts of plant life was consumed with hatred and darkness and they descended upon us. One giant oak tree sprung to life. I blocked it's route to the druid, but in doing so the tree slammed it's branches into me. Crushing me to death.

The next thing I knew I awoke back in the nearby town. Apparently we had managed to protect the druid, and my companions, no, friends, had brought me back to town. They might have used my money, but that's more than understandable. Regrettably they informed they wasted all of their own money on local whores. Broke, both financially and physically we rested in town until we could make our way back to the forest.

No comments: