Friday, January 01, 2016

Moving Forward 2016

I have a lot planned, which usually ends poorly for me, but I'm hoping to set myself up with a lot of opportunities so that even if I miss a few I still land a few others. Firstly, I'll be going back to college almost as soon as the New Year hits, so a lot of my time will be devoured by that. Losing weight, or at least a bigger focus on personal health is another one of my major goals, it's something I've been putting off for far too long now, and I know it'd really improve many aspects of my life. I also have many "projects" I'm working on (a campaign setting for a tabletop game, making a board game, writing a book, some blog related things, starting a youtube channel, that Pokemon rom hack, and a few other possibilities come to mind) and I've decided to make sure to complete at least one of these in 2016, or at least make damn good progress, I'm leaning towards making a board game, but I'm still not totally sure. I want to travel too, not far, just around, which will require me getting my shit together financially in order to pull that off, I'm hoping that will be feasible this year, but that's kind of a toss up. There are some other minor goals, like cook more, continue playing DnD and continue writing for this blog as much as I can of course. Speaking of this blog, here's some plans I have for It Is A Title this year.

Goals
The overall goal for my blog next year, and as it will continue to be, is to write more than the previous year. With 2014 being a half year, that wasn't too bad, and this year there were some months where I really cranked out a decent amount of content, but there were some really weak months too. Here's hoping. In general, I'd like to post one of each of my "main" entries each month. Games I Beat, Fangasm, Comic Shelf, and either an update on some other project or some kind of "event" like Summer of Screams or Road to Justice. That is in no way a promise or guarantee, school is going to come first, and I am a procrastinator. So time will tell, but I'm hopeful. Keep that in mind, that all of this is more like my hopes than any definite plans, though with any luck I'll kick it up a notch.

New Content
I don't think I've technically posted an actual "Comic Shelf" post, but I kinda have? It's in a weird spot. I also plan on getting more into tabletop gaming of all kinds, and hope that makes its way here too. I want to do more "event" style things, but nothing as long as Road to Justice (though I do plan to marathon the Marvel movies, which is somehow an even more gargantuan feat that I don't really want to post about here, maybe in a more concise form, or maybe just the MCU movies, I don't know). I kind of feel like there's a bit too much Road to Justice here (still going to continue on until March!), but this is what I set out to do, and I'll see it through. Also, I'd like to write more about television shows, and I've had a lot of ideas for shows I'd like to write about, so hopefully that happens too. Music is another topic that I'd really like to try my hand writing about; I've had a huge idea for that since high school, though I don't know when or even if that will ever come to fruition. Really though, I'm just winging this for the most part, and that is my go to plan for the foreseeable future.

I'm hoping to better plan out things like October, Halloween just speaks to me for some reason, I adore that time of year and everything else that it brings so I'd love to spread that love here. I had a pretty decent plan for this year, but I dropped the ball.

I've thought about possibly making a tumblr or a wordpress blog and posting across the sites. It seems like blogspot isn't so popular, but it's where I started and I'd like to stay, but I won't rule out some kind of expansion. As per usual, we shall see.

Another quick note, my avatar for this site, the bland looking dude, he is technically the mascot for this blog. After this blog had been around a while I planned on getting really fancy and drawing up a title card for my blogs. I've been toying around with the idea of actually going through with and doing that this year. Maybe you'll see It Is A Dude more.

Thank You
This has been a bit rambley, but only because I'm excited. Even though I haven't necessarily done the best I could in regards to It Is A Title, what I have accomplished I'm quite happy with, and I'm hoping 2016 will continue that upward trend. There's the possibility of starting a youtube channel as well, which would really open the doors to possible topics to cover, and how I went about it, but that's still getting figured out.

For anyone who reads this regularly, semi-regularly, or just got conned into showing up and ending up reading this, thank you. THANK YOU. Even if you don't comment, just giving me a chance and reading what I have to say means so much to me. Of course, if you want to start commenting, or emailing me, I would absolutely love that. Either way though, I cannot express in words how thankful I am for your time. It truly means the world to me, and I hope I entertained or informed you, and continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Happy 2016 everyone,
-Adam

No comments: